Category : Uncategorized
9th Pamana Heritage Award and Filipino American History Month Celebration
Every other year, the Filipino American National Historical Society Rio Grande (FANHS RG) in cooperation with the Filipino American Community Council (FACC) recognizes Filipino Americans in NM who have contributed to our Filipino and/or New Mexico communities beyond the call of duties. We are holding this event during the Filipino American History Month (October) to remember the first Filipinos who landed in Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, California on October 18, 1587. Click on text below for a glimpse of Fil-Am History or the Pamana flyer.
We invite you to join us in honoring them.
9th Pamana Heritage Awards
- October 5, 2019, Sat. 2:00-4:00 pm
- South Broadway Cultural Center (& Library)
- 1024 Broadway Blvd. SE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Ticket: $15 (includes light refreshments)
- Tickets are available ONLY from the Filipino American National Historical Society Rio Grande (FANHS RG), NOT the South Broadway Cultural Center. Please get your tickets right away. They are selling fast. Contact Pearl firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also soliciting ADS or greetings (including greetings/congratulations). (Full page: $100, Half page: $50, black and white). Deadline: Aug. 10, 2019. (Also contact Pearl).
The Pamana Awardees (adults) will receive a plaque from FANHS RG. The Manoa Youth Awardee (18 years or younger) will receive a plaque from FANHS RG and a scholarship fund ($500) from the Manoa Foundation.
We also take this opportunity to recognize Filipino American graduates from high school, college and higher education. We give them a t-shirt: “Proud Filipino American graduate”. This is an opportunity for the students to meet others.
Pamana Awardees (2019) (Photos & write ups to follow.)
Community Service and Advocacy
- Dr. Christopher Gonzaga (Gallup)
- Educator Mairi Nunag (Albuquerque)
- Atty. Rod Ventura (Rio Rancho)
Manoa Youth Awardee
- Lester (Buknoy) Racca (Albuquerque)
Filipino American Graduates (Masters, College, HS) Dec. 2017 to August 2019.
- Sheila Aguinaldo – Master of Science in Nursing, Grand Canyon University, Arizona, May 2019.
- Izekiel (Zeke) Racca – Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Cum Laude), University of New Mexico (UNM), May 2019.
- Renz Bustria – Bachelor of Business Management in Accounting, UNM, December 2018.
- Ashley Cabiltes – Bachelor of Science in Music Production (Advance Achievement Awardee), Full Sail University, Florida, May 2018.
- Tricia Desquitado-Marx – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, UNM, May 2018.
- Jared Fernandez – Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (Magna Cum Laude) and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Magna Cum Laude), Northwestern University, Illinois, May 2019.
- Megan Fernandez – Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies, University of California, Berkeley, May 2019.
- Michael Isidro – Bachelor of Science in Nursing, UNM, August 2019.
- Lyle Leonen – Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Cum Laude), UNM, December 2017.
- Lorenzo Pascual – Bachelor of Science in Biology, UNM, May 2018.
- Larriane Jiezel Tan – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, UNM, December 2018.
- Justin Cabiltes – Rio Rancho HS, (3rd Honor), May 2018.
- Nicholas Centenerra – Central Bucks HS, Pennsylvania, May 2019.
- Anna Cheshire – Eldorado HS, May 2018.
- Angelo Egrubay – Volcano Vista HS, May 2018.
- Ashley Hildebrand – Rio Rancho HS, May 2019.
- Mary Josephine Hollins – La Cueva HS, May 2018.
- Ashley Yssabelle A. Leonen – Eldorado HS, May 2018.
- Arianna Lumanog – Sandia HS, May 2019.
- Matthew Lloyd Macias – Rio Rancho HS, May 2019.
- Miracle Angele McCastle – V. Sue Cleveland HS, May 2019.
- Jacob Olaguir – Albuquerque HS, May 2019.
- Dominic Joshua Pimentel – La Cueva HS, May 2019.
- Lester (Buknoy) Racca – Eldorado HS, May 2019.
- Remson Ramos – V. Sue Cleveland HS, May 2019.
- Rhudovic Ramos – V. Sue Cleveland HS, May 2018.
- Adin Rollins – Cibola HS, May 2018.
- India Stokes – Cibola HS, May 2018.
Graduates may wear party clothes. Graduates and awardees will be given complimentary tickets at the door. A relative or any representative for any graduate (who cannot make it) will have to purchase the ticket. Thank you.