Come and join us!
If you have any event or announcement of interest to Filipino Americans and Asians, please email information and photos if any to: email@example.com.
We will have the details as we get the information from the organizers. Please always check two weeks prior to event for any updates. For highlights of past events, click on 2017 in Review or 2018 in Review.
October – Filipino American History Month
CONTACT THE PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL IN LOS ANGELES NOW OR BEFORE NOV. 5 if you will need to renew passport, apply for dual citizenship and other issues. The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles will coming to conduct Consular outreach in Albuquerque, NM on December 8 & 9, 2018 from 9 am-6 pm, Inn at Rio Rancho. See letter to FAFNM President: LTR-AASC-146-2018
There are NO WALK INS. You have to set an appointment at least ONE MONTH (Nov. 5): We pulled these links from the Consulate website: Please double check. Website: www.philippineconsulatela.org.
Links to: Passport services
Contact: Philippine Consulate General 3435 Wilshire Blvd., Ste 550 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel. (213) 639-0980/ Fax (213) 639-0990 Website: www.philippineconsulatela.org.
- PASKO 2018 TICKETS ARE ALREADY ON SALE. SEE December schedule below with the flyer.
- Ticket to see Lea Salonga in April 2019 is already on sale. See photo at the bottom with the link.
- 30 (midnight) – deadline in submitting nominations for FAFNM Board of Directors (2018-2019). Contact nominating committee chair: Dr. Dely Alcantara firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. DEADLINE TO SET APPOINTMENT WITH CONSULAR OUTREACH. The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles will coming to conduct Consular outreach in Albuquerque, NM on December 8 & 9, 2018 from 8 am-5 pm, Inn at Rio Rancho. See letter to FAFNM President: LTR-AASC-146-2018
There are NO WALK INS. You have to set an appointment at least ONE MONTH before (Nov. 5).
Links to: Passport services
Contact: Philippine Consulate General 3435 Wilshire Blvd., Ste 550 Los Angeles, CA 90010 Tel. (213) 639-0980/ Fax (213) 639-0990 Website: www.philippineconsulatela.org Passport – email@example.com Visa – firstname.lastname@example.org Dual Citizenship – email@example.com Registry – firstname.lastname@example.org Legal/Notarials – notarials_pcgenla@earthlink.
- 16, Friday, 7:00-8:00 pm. Kulintang Performance and Brief Talk. Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble, a professional group from California (see photo). NM Humanities Council, 4115 Silver Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108. The group will be here to attend the Annual Meeting of the Society for Ethnomusicology in Albuquerque. We are taking advantage of their presence in Albuquerque. This is co-sponsored with the Filipino American Community Council. FREE but space is limited. Please call 633-7371 or email email@example.com BEFORE NOV. 10. Please feel free to wear any Southern Philippines (Muslim) costume at this event in solidarity with our performers. Our flyer: Pakaraguian Kulintang for Filipino Group.
- Press release from NM Council: Pakaraguian Kulintang.
Pakaraguian Kulintang Ensemble (PKE) performs traditional Philippine gong music from Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago. Members of the ensemble include Filipino American ethnomusicologists and dance ethnologists who have conducted years of intense study with native practitioners directly from the southern Philippines. Pakaraguian’s mission is to promote and teach the cultural arts of the Muslim societies from the southern Philippines with artistry, integrity, and respect. Led by musical director Dr. Bernard Ellorin, the ensemble includes Dr. Mary Talusan Lacanlale, Eleanor Lipat-Chesler, and Marlo Campos, and is based in southern California. See links:
23 – START OF FREE WEEKLY TAGALOG LESSONS on Youtube. Due to requests from Filipino parents about a Tagalog Class for their children which we can not offer due to lack of committed volunteers or time for those taking it, Puppetnettes channel on YouTube will be posting Tagalog lessons around 5 to 10 minutes long (taught by puppets): www.youtube.com/user/puppetnettes starting Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving weekend). If you can’t view on this day, you can always watch it later at your convenience. This will give learners an opportunity to learn Tagalog at their own time, pace and at no cost. Although the conversational lessons are geared towards children, they will also appeal to teens and adults who want to learn short and repetitive lessons. It is meant for people on the go. Next time your children are waiting for their rides, encourage them to view these lessons on their phone. We hope you encourage Filipinos living here or anywhere outside of the Philippines to SUBSCRIBE to the puppetnettes channel. New lessons will be posted every Friday starting on Nov. 23, 5:00 pm, Mountain time. This is a project of T. J. Greenfield.
- 6, 13, 20 (Thursdays), 6:00 pm, Simbang Gabi at the Sangre de Cristo Church, 8901 Candelaria Road NW, Albuquerque, NM 87112 (between Wyoming and Moon). Please invite your entire family, relatives and friends to joyfully celebrate and experience of the best Filipino Christmas traditions. Fr. Joel really appreciates your presence and any traditional food for the potluck at the Parish Hall following the Mass. We need lectors and users. We also need food. Please call Emilie 255-2060.
- 8, Christmas Party, Rio Rancho Inn, 6:00 pm. Sponsored by the Filipino American Foundation of New Mexico. See flyer below for details. Tickets are available since Aug. 28. See photo of ticket above. (Click photo for larger image.)
8 and 9, 9:am – 6 pm, Consular Outreach, Inn at Rio Rancho. The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles will coming to conduct Consular outreach in Albuquerque,
Tickets are already available in October 2018. Click: Popejoy.