Come and join us!
If you have any event or announcement of interest to Filipino Americans and Asians, please email information and photos if any to: email@example.com.
We will have the details as we get the information from the organizers. Please always check two weeks prior to event for any updates. Click on 2017 in Review for last year’s main events.
- 9 and 10, Fri & Sat, CARNAVAL FEVER, 7:30 pm, National Hispanic Cultural Center, featuring music and dances from Brazil, Trinidad, Cuba and New Orleans. Dances by the Odara Dance Ensemble choreographed by our very own, Pilar Leto and Music by PANdemonium with music composed by her husband, Frank Leto. Tickets: $17, $22, $27.
- Oral History in Santa Fe. No date. This will be at a private residence (which we don’t put on the website). If you wish to attend, contact Filipino American National Historical Society Rio Grande firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: If you want to join FANHS RG, this is the best time to sign up. (See conference in July below)
- 8 – Deadline in submitting papers for the FANHS Conference (July 11-14) in Chicago. Click: 2018 Conference
- Bataan Ceremony, Bataan Park, no date.
May – Asian/Pacific Heritage Month
- May 19 (third Sat. of the month) – Santacruzan, Old Town Plaza.
- Asian Festival, Veterans Memorial Park, Date to be announced.
- Picnic/Potluck celebrating Philippine Independence Day (from Spain) and FAFNM Membership Drive, Bataan Park. Date to be announced.
- 12 to 14 – Join us at the 17th FANHS National Conference, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago. Meet members from 34 chapters all over the US. We encourage those attending to join FANHS RG.
- September – Pista sa Nayon, a fund raising project of FAFNM, Date and venue to be announced.
October – Filipino American History Month
- No activity related to Fil-Am History has been scheduled yet
- 30 – deadline in submitting nominations for FAFNM Board of Directors.
- 15 to 18 – Conference: Society of Ethnomusicology, Albuquerque. Kulintang and Gamelan musicians (or anybody interested in ethnomusicology) are welcome to join. Venue to be announced.
- Caroling Group (to raise money for scholarship funds) usually start rehearsing this month.
- Christmas Party
- Simbang Gabi