Come and join us!
If you have any event or announcement of interest to Filipino Americans and Asians, please email information and photos if any to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will have the details as we get the information from the organizers. Please always check two weeks prior to event for any updates. Click on 2017 in Review for last year’s main events.
- 12 to 14 – Join us at the 17th FANHS National Conference, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago. Meet members from 34 chapters all over the US. We encourage those attending to join FANHS RG.
- 22, Sat. Pista sa Nayon, a fund raising project of FAFNM, 6:00 pm, Inn at Rio Rancho, 1465 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124, Tel. 505-892-1700. Tickets: $38 (11 yrs old and older); $15 (3-10 years old), FREE (under 3 years old). Contact Gloria 505-629-9474.
October – Filipino American History Month
- Oral History Lecture focusing on health professionals. Sponsored by the Filipino American National Historical Society Rio Grande.
- 30 – deadline in submitting nominations for FAFNM Board of Directors.
- 14 to 18 – Conference: Society of Ethnomusicology, Albuquerque. Kulintang and Gamelan musicians (or anybody interested in ethnomusicology) are welcome to join. Five visiting professional kulintang musicians are willing to hold a workshop for our kulintang and gamelan musicians. Email Tessie at email@example.com if you are interested. If there is anybody willing to house them (we may split them up), please let Tessie know.
- Caroling Group (to raise money for scholarship funds) usually start rehearsing this month.
- 8, Christmas Party, Rio Rancho Inn, 6:00 pm. Sponsored by the Filipino American Foundation of New Mexico. Ticket information to be announced. NOTE: The Philippine Consulate might be coming. Visit this website in October.
- Simbang Gabi, usually Thursdays, 6:00 pm. Details to be announced.
Get your tickets to this event before the year ends. Click: Popejoy.