Come and join us!
If you have any event or announcement of interest to Filipino Americans and Asians, please email information and photos if any to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will have the details as we get the information from the organizers. Please always check two weeks prior to event for any updates. Click on 2017 in Review for last year’s main events.
May – Asian/Pacific Heritage Month
- 19, Sat, Santacruzan (on its 41st year) at the Old Town Plaza. 4:00 – Mass at San Felipe de Neri, 5:00 – procession at the rotunda, Anthems, and introduction of Sagalas, followed by
6:00 Cultural Show at the gazebo. Click: link to City of Albuquerque schedule of events in May at the Old Town. Santacruzan is an the annual project of the Filipino American Foundation of New Mexico on its 41st year, FREE, Old Town Plaza. Guest: Mayor Tim Keller. Guest performers are: singer Gwynneth Carla (who will also lead the Albuquerque Kids choir to sing the US anthem) and Cindi Heffner and her Ha`
aheo O Hawai`i Group. The Ethan Sabay Philippine Folkloric Group and the Filipino Performing Arts Group will also be performing. To know more about what Santacruzan is about, click on our past event: Santacruzan 2017.
- 31, Thurs, 6:00 pm, Sharing Circle (A Journeys, Judgment, & Jubilation Exhibit Program), New Mexico Humanities Council, 4115 Silver SE. www.NMHUM.ORG. Click on flyer: Sharing Circle_flyer
- Picnic/Potluck celebrating Philippine Independence Day (from Spain) and FAFNM Membership Drive, noon, Bataan Park. Date to be announced.
- 12 to 14 – Join us at the 17th FANHS National Conference, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago. Meet members from 34 chapters all over the US. We encourage those attending to join FANHS RG.
- 22, Sat. Pista sa Nayon, a fund raising project of FAFNM, 6:00 pm, Inn at Rio Rancho, 1465 Rio Rancho Blvd. SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124, Tel. 505-892-1700. Tickets: $38 (11 yrs old and older); $15 (3-10 years old), FREE (under 3 years old). Contact Gloria 505-629-9474.
October – Filipino American History Month
- Oral History Lecture focusing on the nurses. Sponsored by the Filipino American National Historical Society Rio Grande. Details to be announced.
- 30 – deadline in submitting nominations for FAFNM Board of Directors.
- 15 to 18 – Conference: Society of Ethnomusicology, Albuquerque. Kulintang and Gamelan musicians (or anybody interested in ethnomusicology) are welcome to join. Venue to be announced. Email Tessie at email@example.com if you are interested. They may be holding a Kulintang workshop.
- Caroling Group (to raise money for scholarship funds) usually start rehearsing this month.
- 8, Christmas Party, Rio Rancho Inn, 6:00 pm. Sponsored by the Filipino American Foundation of New Mexico. Ticket information to be announced. NOTE: The Philippine Consulate might be coming. Visit this website in October.
- Simbang Gabi, usually Thursdays, 6:00 pm. Details to be announced.