2018 Pista sa Nayon
Pista sa Nayon (festival of nation) is a beauty pageant coronation night, dinner & entertainment event. It’s the biennial project of the Filipino American Foundation of New Mexico (FAFNM) to raise funds to support activities in the Filipino community including college scholarship funds.
Sept. 22, 2018, Saturday, 6:00 pm
Inn at Rio Rancho
1465 Rio Rancho Bld. SE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Tickets: $38 per person (11 yrs old and older), $15 per child (3-10 yrs old),
Free per child (under 3 years old).
To print flyer, click: Pista 2018 FLYER
For tickets, contact Lt Col Gloria Kauz 505-629-9474 or candidates.
- Pearly Belen, Rio Rancho
- Gloria Dalahay, Santa Fe
- Krystal Limalima, Albuquerque
- Miracle McCastle, Rio Rancho
- Ramona Piskel, Albuquerque
(NOTE: Click photos for bigger image.)
How can you help your candidate?
- Buy ballots from her. (We will have them available on May 19).
- Advertise or Post a greeting (ex. “Congratulations to XX”) And indicate her name. Click: Ad contract 2018 Pista sa Nayon
- Help sell tickets (Tickets will be available at the Santacruzan, May 19, event.) and inform the person you bought the ticket from to credit it to her.
Rules for the Candidate
- Must be a paid FAFNM member
- Must be at least 16 years of age. (If you are younger than 18, a parental/guardian consent is required.)
- Must be active in fundraising activities for THIS event such as
- selling tickets/ballots
- soliciting ads
Compensation for Candidates
The candidate who can sell the tickets/ballots and solicit the most advertisements will win first place and receive a percentage of the total amount raised as indicated below:
- First place (Binibining Pilipinas New Mexico 2018) = 25%
- Second place (Binibining Luzon 2018) = 20%
- Third place (Binibining Visayas 2018) = 15%
- Fourth place (Binibining Mindanao 2018) = 10%
- Fifth place (Binibining Albuquerque 2018) = 10%
Binibini means “Miss”
For inquiry, contact FAFNM president, Lt Col Gloria Kauz at 505-629-9474, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we raise funds
FAFNM (former Filipino American Association of NM) has been in existence for almost five decades. Just like any organization, our activities constantly need funding such as: our annual Santacruzan (which was introduced in 1977), membership picnic (Independence Day celebration), Simbang Gabi (evening mass in December), and Christmas party. We have a lot of outreach projects: for the veterans (a picnic in honor of Bataan veterans in April), youth, seniors, and Filipinos from other parts of NM. We are one of the few ethnic organizations in NM that offers college scholarship funds to encourage our youth who are active in the community to pursue education beyond high school. We have consular outreach that facilitates the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles to come to Albuquerque to serve Filipinos on immigration issues such as renewal/application of passport, dual citizenship, and other immigration matters. This outreach makes it possible for Filipinos in NM and surrounding states to save money from flying to Los Angeles.
We are eternally grateful to the past and present candidates (and volunteers) for helping us raise funds for the FAFNM. We are also grateful to the Caroling Group headed by Jimmy and Betsy Custodio for raising funds for the college scholarship every year. Thank you very much.
PAST PISTA SA NAYON PAGEANT WINNERS: